The last Chunk of the Month contest for the theme of Spooky
is of course now well over, I'm really sorry about the delay in getting the results out. I've been through the entries, once again lots of great entries. The winner for October's Spooky contest
. You see see the design at Noobscraft.com/cotm/
and it's in the screenshot below.
It's a scary eyeball always watching you, even on the inside.
Thank-you to everyone who took part in the contest...participation awards and prizes for the month including those for taking part have finally now been given out.
January 2018's Contest
Each month you get the opportunity to submit a chunk you own to be reviewed in our contest, we're looking for creative, interesting and well-designed plots according to a monthly theme! You can find out about the previous winners at Noobs.town/cotm/
How this works:
- Each month we'll make a post like this on the site and give a theme for that month.
- You then have the rest of the month to make design and build something in either the Wilderness OR the Town world according to the monthly theme, in a chunk you own.
- You then submit your chunk using /cotm submit while stood in that chunk. Then make a reply to the monthly post outlining your design, explain it a bit if you want to.
- At the end of the month (Early February this time) I will then go around all of the entries and judge which we deem to be the winner. Another post will then be made announcing the winner and all entries/prizes will be handed out.
It's very simple to take part, just use /cotm submit
A few rules:
- Your build must be within 1 single Minecraft chunk (16x16), but height doesn't matter. If you're using Minecraft 1.10+ you can use F3+G to view the boundaries in yellow !
- You must own the land you're submitting your entry in, if it's in the Town world you must individually own the plot, and in the Wilderness you must own the land.
- You need to follow the theme.
- You need to actually build something, just submitting a simple few blocks to get the rewards won't count.
- You need to submit your design using /cotm submit before midnight on the last day of the month (UK time)! This deadline is automated so don't miss it.
- You need to leave your build up after the end of the month because we need chance to judge it!
The winner of each month will earn themselves:
- A unique winner trophy for that month
- Your chunk showcased at Noobs.town/cotm/
- Your name forever listed in-game when doing /cotm contests
- 5 FREE Wilderness Chunks This is irrespective of if you built in the Town world!
who takes part will receive a participation prize and a free wilderness chunk (again irrespective of if you built in the Town world).
Got any questions? Just ask them below in a reply or in-game!
As for the theme for this month; the theme is Snow
! That's anything you could relate to Snow, be creative though! You have until the end of January to submit your entry. Since I'm aware there isn't long left this month to get building, the prize (listed above) for entering in January will be doubled, including the rewards for taking part!