Don't know where to put this, so it's here!  (Read 2772 times)

haxorcat

Don't know where to put this, so it's here!
« on: 23 Jul 2012, 03:55:03 »
(I really think this would go in a non-existent subforum called Projects or something ._.)

Anyhoo, let's get straight to the point, as nobody cares too much about other stuff. I plan to make a giant railroad system all across Noobstown with stations near towns and stuff (if the mayors and stuff approve). The reason why I decide to do this instead of making it a suggestion is that no one would take the burden of making a railroad all over the map. I also plan to make it mostly underground, but if that's not possible, aboveground work will suffice fine.

When I suggested this for my town, Twisty, a TA and mod said that would take too long. Also, since I will need time for myself, along with the occasional procrastination, I'd like recruiting people to build, gather, dig and maintain. Some things along those lines. It seems like such an unnecessary idea, yes. The thought of finishing this just gives a nice sense of achievement along with some slight convenience.

Like I said, this would be unnecessary, and this may sound confusing. A reason as to why I feel like building this is because of the feeling of achieving things, along with having something to do. I won't be building this starting from the moment I post this. After I get all the permissions for town mayors and the whole approval of a large-scale construction, along with builder buddies (yes, builder buddies. The term workers just seems disapproving and unfair), then that's when we will start building.

Last thing to say, I really hope this will gather some attention and stuff. Not sure if the future of this is bleak or not, just shoot some suggestions at me or something. If I feel the bad outweighs the good (admin disapproval is an instant idea killer), this won't become reality. Just saying what I think of doing on Noobstown. (This is my longest post in this forum. Ever. For now.)

-haxorcat

Omega1291

Re: Don't know where to put this, so it's here!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2012, 21:26:02 »
I like the idea of it, but from walking all over the map, it would be a massive undertaking, even with gangers digging the tunnels. There is also the issue of griefers, the areas protected by towns would be safe, but there wouldn't be much to stop a griefer from undoing all the hard work fast with a bucket of water and a pick. You may also have conflict with preexisting wilderness homes, or even new ones that don't know the rail line runs right under where they are building, or going to place a town as well.

On the whole, it seems good, and I would like to see it, I'm just not so sure about feasibility or long term longevity of the project.

Thecheatgamer1

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2012, 23:56:10 »
this project might take over 1 mil noobs and will take months to make and will get greifed alot and will also run out of minecarts or even get blocked by loads of them

Techsam

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2012, 02:19:33 »
The major problem with this is that nobody will use it, most likely. It is a lot easier, faster, and more convenient to just do /t spawn (town name) for town to town travel. I do like the idea, but Im just saying that it might have a good turn out.

Boon40

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2012, 07:31:42 »
Yea, this would take a long time, and would get griefed like crazy. The amount of rails this would take is quite insane also. Sorry, just don't think this is possible.

AlphaTango11

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2012, 21:19:54 »
I, personally, believe that, if anything, it would be made for boats. (Not needing so many rails...)

The best way to get to other towns though is the "/town spawn (Town Name Here)"

Well, some say that could be an issue because you don't know all of the town names.

I am new to the server, so I'm unsure if there's a command, but I think there is a way to find a list of town names.

I don't want to hijack the thread, so I won't say much more about what I think should be added if not already.

Just my .02

danniel1998

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jul 2012, 21:34:43 »
but I think there is a way to find a list of town names.

Yeah, there is. /town list. :D

buckieUK09

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jul 2012, 22:42:37 »
O.M.G Mate, this is the best idea in the whole world!!! I am totally up for this, count me in! I will even help to get this done, it will be soo much fun!

Louis_T_T

« Reply #8 on: 29 Jul 2012, 19:36:54 »
Pawl seems like it'll be fun and I'm almost bored and need something to do, plus my mayor loves this idea XD so I would like to apply as one of your 'builder buddies' xD

_Paralyx_

« Reply #9 on: 11 Sep 2012, 03:18:35 »
Im up for it! I ususally am online from the time i get out of school till about bedtime which is about 8 hours a day and even more hours on the weekends! :D Msg me more info, please :D