There appears to be quite a bit of confusion about this, maybe something needs to be done to make it clearer what's going on. I'd be open to suggestions about that.
For clarity though because it is a little confusing:
- In the Town world blocks which can contain things (known as units in the Wilderness) should all be protected under LWC (/cprivate, etc.).
- Anvils (Minecraft ones) are protected under the "building" setting because they can be broken if used to the point of being too damaged. So for someone to be able to use an anvil they'd need "building" permissions. They do not use LWC protection at all.
- Brewing stands are in a bit of an odd situation. As they can hold items; they are also protected by LWC by default (/cprivate, etc.), but also require the to have "building" permissions on the land too. So for someone to use a brewing stand they must have both "building" permissions, and also be able to access it based on LWC locks.
Just to clear up a few other things, based on some of the other replies. We're using a custom town system here on Noobstown, so:
- Build and destroy permissions are the same thing. If someone can "build" they can both place and break.
- There is no such thing as "itemuse".
- As mrfloris indicated, be aware if you're wanting to change permissions on a plot level basis you should use the /plot ... commands. Town (/town ...) commands will adjust all plots which haven't be individually configured.
There is a guide listing all of the commands available at https://www.noobscraft.com/guides/town-command-guide/
, plus you can see the overview of changes from before we released Noobstowny (our custom town system) at https://www.noobscraft.com/noobstowny/
, it might explain things further.